The Elite Athletic Hall of Fame was created to recognize outstanding athletic performance of Army and Navy Academy Alumni. Inclusion in the Athletic Hall of Fame is the highest honor that Army and Navy Academy confers upon those who have excelled as players or coaches throughout the years.
Among the criteria for consideration to the Hall of Fame is having been a stand out athlete while at the Academy but more importantly, continuing to pursue athletics for a minimum of ten years after graduating or leaving the Academy. Typically this will include participating in a sport at the collegiate level, though it may also include working as a coach, administrator, athletic director or athletic trainer.
All candidates who meet these criteria will be considered by the Elite Athletic Hall of Fame Committee. Please contact Jill Silver to submit nominations.
The 2018 Hall of Fame inductees share the honors of cutting the cake with Coach Maffucci and President Bartell
2018 Hall of Fame inductees:
- Jim Heikes ‘ 56 — Wrestling
- Carl Morris ‘ 56 — Football & Tennis
- Chris Maffucci ‘ 89 — Basketball & Golf
- Bryan Hand ‘89 — Football
- Mitch Martin ‘93 — Football & Track & Field
2017 Hall of Fame inductees:
- Frank Patrick ‘ 59 — Football
- John Gordon ‘ 73 — Baseball
- Michael Davis ‘ 73 — Football
- Thageron L. Allen ‘93 — Track & Field
- Stewart Smothers ‘94 — Baseball
2016 Hall of Fame inductees:
- Bill Porter ‘58 — Track & Field
- Fred Knauert ‘61 — Football
- Stephen Zahniser ‘63 — Baseball
- Richard Ede ‘64 — Cross Country & Track
- Dennis Knauert ‘66 — Football
- William Nugent ‘66 — Football
2015 Hall of Fame inductees: