The Office of Admission has created a list of frequently asked questions to help you prepare for your Cadet’s Registration.
1. What are the required dates for registration/move-in dates?
- August 12, 2015: ESL Cadets and Football Athletes
- August 21, 2015: Cadet Leaders, Water Polo, & Cross Country
- August 24, 2015: New Cadets (not in any of the above)
- August 30, 2015: Returning Cadets (not in any of the above)
2. Where do we park?
- Please park in the lot on Beech Avenue – signs will be posted.
- On August 12th, there will be road construction, so you will need to take an alternate route to the Academy. See details of recommended detours here.
3. What happens on registration/move-in day?
- This is a day to check in with departments to address billing, complete health center requirements, determine academic schedules, purchase books and uniforms, complete CIF information, and meet briefly with various departments for general information.
- Lunch and a required Patron Orientation will be provided as part of this process.
4. How do I prepare for the Health Center?
- First, log onto CareFlow.
- Enter your Cadet’s Student ID and date of birth for initial login. After this, you will be prompted to set a unique password that will be used from thispoint forward.
- All forms must be completed no later than 2 weeks prior to your required registration date. If forms are not complete at the time of registration, the Cadet will not be able to move forward in the registration process.
5. What if I am missing Health Center requirements upon arrival?
- If you are missing vital records or any health portal information, you will be required to log on to the health portal before starting registration.
- If you are missing the physical exam, any vaccinations, or the TB test, you will be required to go off-campus to the nearest clinic before starting registration.
6. What else do I need to know about the Health Center?
- Domestic Cadets must have valid health insurance in the state of California. International and dual-citizens can purchase health insurance through the Academy.
- Please bring all medications; they will be placed in the Health Center under lock and key.
- Out-of-country medication is not allowed per FDA laws.
- Out-of-state medications require a California doctor to prescribe.
7. What if I cannot attend on the required date or arrive late?
- All families should arrive on the required date by 9:00 a.m. Any exceptions for extreme emergencies only must be pre-approved in advance by the Commandant and Dean.
- All registrations must occur on a designated registration date during the timeframe designated. No exceptions please.
8. What should we bring?
9. How much time will registration/move-in day take?
- Families should arrive by no later than 8:15 to attend the morning Patron Orientation, or they attend the afternoon session at 2:15.
- Families arriving between 8:15-9:30 should be able to complete the process by early afternoon. In some cases, it can take a full day if there are missing requirements.
10. Do Patrons need to attend?
- A Patron is required to accompany every Cadet on registration day. For international students, approved local contacts may accompany the Cadet.
11. How do I complete the Contract and Payment?
- What if I haven’t signed the enrollment contract? It was sent as a link in an email; however, if you need us to resend your contract, please call 760.547.5278 or send us an email. If you use Yahoo or Hotmail, it may go into your spam folder.
- How do I get help filling out my contract? If you have technical questions, please contact Jon Rae at 760.547.5278.
- How do I make payment? Please note that after completing the contract, there is a link to the Smart Tuition payment portal. This is where you set up your billing preferences. If you have any questions about Smart Tuition, please contact Maria Osuna.
12. Where can we find the Academy Calendar?
- Here it is. You’ll receive a hard copy on registration/move-in day.
Please feel free to call the Office of Admission with any questions at 760.547.5278 or by email.