1. What are the required dates for registration/move-in dates?
- August 7, 2017: ESL, Football, Water Polo, & Cross Country Athletes
- August 25, 2017: Cadet Cadre Training (By invitation only)
- August 30, 2017: New Cadets (Boarding and Day)
- September 5, 2017: Returning Cadets (not in any of the above)
2. Where do we park?
- Please park in the lot on Mountain View or in the Sports Center lot on Carlsbad Blvd, North of Duffield Sports Center. Signs will be posted.
3. What is a Registration/Move-in?
- This event offers parents and families the opportunity to receive an Orientation from the President, help move their Cadet into the barracks, and check in with campus departments.
- Department check-ins include: Finance, Health Center, Academics, Registrar, Athletics, Bookstore, and Laundry. Cadets will get to choose electives and receive their tentative academic schedules, get their initial uniform issued, possibly meet their roommate, and set up their barracks. During their training prior to opening day, they will have their hair cut according to the Guidebook, undergo drug testing, and be issued their textbooks.
- To provide key information to families, the Orientation is required for both new and returning parents. The Orientation takes place at 1:00 PM after the departmental registration and move-in.
- Immediately following the Orientation, there will be time for families to say their “Good-byes.” We strongly encourage all families to visit and attend major events throughout the year.
4. What if I cannot attend on the required date or arrive late?
- Given the resource intensive nature of registration and move-in events, we greatly appreciate your effort to attend on the assigned date and time.
- We understand families sometimes have extenuating circumstances, so if something does occur, please notify the Office of Admission in advance. Once we receive notification, we can provide a new registration date that correlates with other registration events.
- Due to the time and resources involved, if we are not notified of a change in advance, we will need to assess a late fee of $250. Thank you for making every effort to keep us informed.
5. What should we bring?
6. How much time will registration/move-in day take?
- Families arriving between 8:30-9:30 should be able to complete the process by approximately 2:15. In some cases, it is a full day if there are missing requirements (e.g. physical exam, vaccinations, insurance, etc.)
7. Do parents and families need to attend?
- At least one parent is required to accompany every Cadet on registration day. For international students, approved local contacts may accompany the Cadet (if billing and health requirements have been completed in advance).
8. Where can we find the Academy Calendar?
- Here it is! You’ll also receive a hard copy on registration/move-in day.
Questions Regarding Enrollment Contract or Registration/Move-in?
Questions Regarding Health Portal (Careflow) or required documents?
Questions Regarding Billing for Tuition, Incidentals, or Bookstore/Uniforms?