Internal candidates will need to meet the job requirements as well as a few internal standards, which include 1) you must have at least 1 contract year of service in your current position (any exceptions to this length of service requirement will need to be reviewed by HR), and 2) you must be in good standing, which means you are rated a strong performer, with no formal disciplinary warnings issued within the past six months. If you are interested please notify . All outside candidates should apply through our website or posting on Indeed.com.
Internal applications will be accepted for this position until filled.
(Trainer, Advisor, Counselor)
Army and Navy Academy invites applicants for a TAC Officer position to support Cadet Life activities. This position is full-time salaried, 10 month contract, and is responsible to the Assistant Commandant of Cadet Life.
This position requires supervisory experience dealing with male adolescents and young male adults. Ability to guide and relate to young men in a positive manner. Prior honorable military experience is a plus. Applicant must pass criminal background check, drug and TB screening, and supply DMV records.
The TAC Officer is:
- Responsible and accountable for the continuous operation, training, discipline, leadership, management and overall supervision of the cadets assigned to their Company
- Sets the conditions outside the classroom to guarantee cadet success
- Is the principal point of contact for all problems associated with the cadets in their Company and the primary advisor and role model for their cadets through daily interaction with parents, cadets, and other staff
- Leads by instruction and example and is the embodiment of all the Academy values
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate possible course of conduct and action that will have significant impact and consequence to the success of the cadet and the Academy
- Develops, counsels, and mentors cadets into self-sufficient, self-confident, ethically minded leaders of good character
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; a bachelor’s degree is desirable in fields of counseling, sociology, psychology, education, or liberal arts
- Ability to interact with people from different cultures and beliefs, relate to parents and young adults
- Must work independently and successfully with little or no supervision
- Able to problem solve, think and react quickly to all types of adolescent situations, using good judgement and decision-making skills
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Proficient using Windows-based applications, including Word, Excel, PPT
- Must have a valid California driver’s license with clean MVR
Send resumes and application materials to: email@example.com and indicate “TAC Officer” in the email subject line.
Outside candidates must include salary history and professional references with resume or application. ANA is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff and student body.