Our Parent Association
The Army and Navy Academy Parent Association (ANAPA) partners with and advises the Academy, led by a board of current parents.
Participation by family members in many of Army and Navy Academy’s gatherings during the year strengthens the bond among Cadets, faculty, and staff, while fostering a successful educational experience for each young man.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with returning Families and welcoming new families into the Warrior Family. We welcome your energy, ideas, talents, and contributions.
Schedule of ANAPA Meetings
Starting in September, ANAPA hosts monthly conference calls to update parents on upcoming campus events, Cadet activities, volunteer opportunities, and ANA news. Reminders are sent out prior to each conference call.
(No calls during Oct., Nov., and Mar. due to Closed Weekends — instead, will hold an on-campus ANAPA meeting during the Closed Weekend)
- Please call 760.537.3123
- Enter our pin number – 31706
- Go to this LINK to watch our Power Point presentation during the call.
AUG – ANAPA Teleconference Mtg
• Aug. 30, 2018 at 10:30am PST
SEP – Back to School Weekend
• Sep. 23, 2018 – Meeting ON Campus
OCT – Autumn Ball Weekend
• Oct. 21, 2018 – Meeting ON Campus
NOV – ANAPA Teleconference Mtg
• Nov. 15, 2018 at 10:30am PST
DEC – ANAPA Teleconference Mtg
• Dec. 13, 2018 at 10:30am PST
FEB – ANAPA Teleconference Mtg
• Feb. 14, 2019 at 10:30am PST
MAR – Warrior Family Weekend
• Mar. 3, 2019 – Meeting ON Campus
If you have any questions about ANAPA meetings or problems connecting, email
Ready to get involved? There are many volunteer opportunities for our parents.
1) Monthly Activity Volunteers
New Parents & New Cadets Welcome
- Responsible for welcoming all New Parents and New Cadets to ANA.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration events and closed weekends to promote ANA culture and traditions.
- Answer questions from New Families and Cadets and support throughout the year.
- Time Commitment: Registrations and various Cadets events throughout the year.
International Parents and Cadets
- Act as a liaison between the designated faculty members, students, and parents to organize cultural experiences and assist in the transition to American culture.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration and other ANA events to promote ANA culture and traditions.
- Time Commitment: Registrations and various cultural events throughout the year.
Faculty Appreciation Week
- Coordinate and execute Faculty Appreciation Week and any other appreciation events throughout the year.
- Time Commitment: Teacher Appreciation Week
Monthly Cadet Activities
- ANAPA organizes monthly fun and entertaining activities for the Cadets as well as activities for parents at each Closed Weekend.
- Time Commitment: Sign up each month
2) Special Event Volunteers
Closed Weekends are times when our campus gets together to celebrate a special event or Academy tradition. Volunteers are always welcomed to help plan and execute events within the weekend.
Back to School Weekend – September 21 – September 23, 2018
Autumn Ball Weekend – October 19 – October 21, 2019
Warrior Family Weekend – March 1 – March 3, 2019
Commencement Weekend – May 23 – June 24, 2019
3) Athletic Liaisons
The Athletic Liaisons serve as the liaison between ANAPA and the ANA Athletic Director for each sport. The purpose is to enrich athletic experiences and encourage the participation of parents in ANA athletics by designating team parents and communicating information from the Athletic Department to team parent.
- Coordinate with the ANA Athletic Department on all events and activities pertaining to the specific sport.
- Communicates with the team coaches to provide support as accepted by the coach such as organizing the parents to provide snacks for away games, helping arrange a team party and Senior Night ceremony for the last home game of the season.
- Coordinate all athletic equipment asks and promotion of all athletic events.
- Time Commitment: Varies by sport
4) Prospective Parent Ambassador
Prospective Parent Ambassadors are a valued part of our ANA community as they bridge the gap between life at ANA and our prospective families.
- Act as a liaison to the Admission Department, providing support during the recruitment and enrollment process that may include:
- Fielding questions and speaking with prospective parents about your son’s experience,
- Posting on social media,
- Providing testimonials for prospective parents or writing reviews on referral sites,
- Assisting all new parents with ANA traditions and understanding the institution’s culture.