Our Parent Association
The Army and Navy Academy Parent Association (ANAPA) partners with and advises the Academy, led by a board of current parents.
Participation by family members in many of Army and Navy Academy’s gatherings during the year strengthens the bond among Cadets, faculty, and staff, while fostering a successful educational experience for each young man.
We are looking forward to reconnecting with returning Families and welcoming new families into the Warrior Family — please share your energy, ideas, talents, and contributions.
Schedule of ANAPA Meetings
Starting in September, ANAPA hosts monthly conference calls to update parents on upcoming campus events, Cadet activities, volunteer opportunities, and ANA news. Reminders are sent out prior to each conference call.
(No calls during October, November and March due to Closed Weekends — instead we will hold an on-campus ANAPA meeting during the Closed Weekend)
- Please call 760.537.3123
- Enter our pin number – 31706
- Go to this LINK to watch our Power Point presentation during the call.
Email Natalie Blue, Events & Patron Affairs Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the conference.
September – Back to School Weekend
• September 22, 2019 – ANAPA Meeting ON Campus
October – Autumn Ball Weekend
• October 27, 2019 – ANAPA Meeting ON Campus
November – NO Teleconference
December – ANAPA Teleconference Meeting
• December 14, 2019 at 10:30AM PST
January – ANAPA Teleconference Meeting
• January 25, 2020 at 10:30AM PST
February – ANAPA Teleconference Meeting
• February 22, 2020 at 10:30AM PST
March – Warrior Family Weekend
• March 29, 2020 – ANAPA Meeting ON Campus
April – NO Teleconference
May – ANAPA Teleconference Meeting (Elections)
• May 9, 2020 at 10:30AM PST
2019-2020 ANAPA Board
- Eve Mayall, President
- Sandra Fischer, Vice-President
- Beverly Aue, Secretary
- Lisa Perez, Treasurer
- Christie Rawson, Birthday Chair
- Dawn De Pintor-Fialko, Board Member
Ready to Get Involved?
There are many opportunities for our parents to volunteer and share in the Warrior experience!
1) Monthly Activity Volunteers
New Parents & New Cadets Welcome
- Responsible for welcoming all New Parents and New Cadets to ANA.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration events and closed weekends to promote ANA culture and traditions.
- Answer questions from New Families and Cadets and support throughout the year.
- Time Commitment: Registrations and various Cadets events throughout the year.
International Parents and Cadets
- Act as a liaison between the designated faculty members, students, and parents to organize cultural experiences and assist in the transition to American culture.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration and other ANA events to promote ANA culture and traditions.
- Time Commitment: Registrations and various cultural events throughout the year.
Faculty Appreciation Week
- Coordinate and execute Faculty Appreciation Week and any other appreciation events throughout the year.
- Time Commitment: Teacher Appreciation Week
Monthly Cadet Activities
- ANAPA organizes monthly fun and entertaining activities for the Cadets as well as activities for parents at each Closed Weekend.
- Time Commitment: Sign up each month
2) Special Event Volunteers
(Remote Location Okay)
Closed Weekends are times when our campus gets together to celebrate a special event or Academy tradition. Volunteers are always welcomed to help plan and execute events within the weekend.
See Major Events and Closed Weekend dates here.
3) Athletic Liaisons
The Athletic Liaisons serve as the liaison between ANAPA and the ANA Athletic Director for each sport. The purpose is to enrich athletic experiences and encourage the participation of parents in ANA athletics by designating team parents and communicating information from the Athletic Department to team parent.
- Coordinate with the ANA Athletic Department on all events and activities pertaining to the specific sport.
- Communicates with the team coaches to provide support as accepted by the coach such as organizing the parents to provide snacks for away games, helping arrange a team party and Senior Night ceremony for the last home game of the season.
- Coordinate all athletic equipment asks and promotion of all athletic events.
- Time Commitment: Varies by sport
4) Prospective Parent Ambassador
Prospective Parent Ambassadors are a valued part of our ANA community as they bridge the gap between life at ANA and our prospective families.
- Act as a liaison to the Admission Department, providing support during the recruitment and enrollment process that may include:
- Fielding questions and speaking with prospective parents about your son’s experience,
- Posting on social media,
- Providing testimonials for prospective parents or writing reviews on referral sites,
- Assisting all new parents with ANA traditions and understanding the institution’s culture.
Anonymous Feedback Form
The below anonymous form is sent directly to ANAPA and is intended only for use by ANA Families.