Daily Schedules & Announcements
A Message From Parent Programs
The Advancement Office is here to help you stay connected with your son while he is living at our boarding school. We work closely with the Parents Association (ANAPA) and the Associated Student Body (ASB) to plan special events for our Families and Cadets.
We hope you're able to join us for some of these events! We especially encourage you to come to campus during Closed Weekends, which offer lots of opportunities for you to connect with your son, his teachers, and the school. It's also a great way to meet other Parents.
There are many ways to stay connected with your Cadet and the Academy, even if you live far away. We know you'll enjoy watching the growth your Cadet will achieve at Army and Navy Academy, and we're always here to help.
Contact us any time! Call 760.547.5274 or email us.
Interested in viewing or downloading photos from our school sports events? Check them out at Randel Berg Photography's website!
"Our son just graduated after spending 3 years at ANA. He came from years of public schools where he was invisible and getting lost in the system. ANA provided him with the tools and opportunities to get into an ivy league college. The school is what you make of it. If your son is not motivated to do well or turn things around, I wouldn't expect ANA (or any other school for that matter) to make a difference. But if your son is truly motivated to do well, the school provides all the opportunities to succeed. " - Hyung Kim (Parent)
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
Ready to get involved? Here are many volunteer opportunities for our parents.
1. Monthly Activity Volunteers (Remote Location Okay)
New Parents & New Cadets Welcome
- Responsible for welcoming all New Parents and New Cadets to ANA.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration events and closed weekends to promote ANA culture and traditions.
- Answer questions from New Families and Cadets and support throughout the year.
Time Commitment: Registrations and various Cadetsevents throughout the year.
International Parents and Cadets
- Act as a liaison between the designated faculty members, students, and parents to organize cultural experiences and assist in the transition to American culture.
- Speak with enrolled families at registration and other ANA events to promote ANA culture and traditions.
Time Commitment: Registrations and various cultural events throughout the year.
Faculty Appreciation Week
- Coordinate and execute Faculty Appreciation Week and any other appreciation events throughout the year.
Time Commitment: Teacher Appreciation Week
Monthly Cadet Activities
- ANAPA organizes monthly fun and entertaining activities for the Cadets as well as activities for parents at each Closed Weekend.
Time Commitment: Sign up each month
2. Special Event Volunteers (Remote Location Okay)
Closed Weekends are times which our campus gets together to celebrate a special event or Academy tradition. Volunteers are always welcomed to help plan and execute events within the weekend.
Back to School Weekend - September 29 – October 1, 2017
- Activities include: Beach Bash, Closed Weekend Cadet Activity
Autumn Ball Weekend - November 3 – November 5, 2017
- Activities include: ANAPA Sponsored Event for Families, Closed Weekend Cadet Activity
Warrior Alumni & Family Weekend - March 2 – March 4, 2018
- Activities include: Distinguished Warrior Awards Dinner & Auction, Alumni Cadet Softball Game, Jon Higgins Golf Tournament, Elite Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner, Closed Weekend Cadet Activity
Commencement Weekend - May 31 – June 2, 2018
- Activities include: Mother Son Tea Ceremony, Senior Parent Banquet
3. Athletic Liaisons (Local Preferred)
The Athletic Liaisons serve as the liaison between ANAPA and the ANA Athletic Director for each sport. The purpose is to enrich athletic experiences and encourage the participation of parents in ANA athletics by designating team parents and communicating information from the Athletic Department to team parent.
- Coordinate with the ANA Athletic Department on all events and activities pertaining to the specific sport.
- Communicates with the team coaches to provide support as accepted by the coach such as organizing the parents to provide snacks for away games, helping arrange a team party and Senior Night ceremony for the last home game of the season.
- Coordinate all athletic equipment asks and promotion of all athletic events.
- Time Commitment: Varies by sport
4. Prospective Parent Ambassador (Remote Location Okay)
Prospective Parent Ambassadors are a valued part of our ANA community as they bridge the gap between life at ANA and our prospective families.
- Act as a liaison to the Admission Department, providing support during the recruitment and enrollment process that may include:
- Fielding questions and speaking with prospective parents about your son’s experience,
- Posting on social media,
- Providing testimonials for prospective parents or writing reviews on referral sites,
- Assisting all new parents with ANA traditions and understanding the institution’s culture.
Cadet Referral Program
Bring a Buddy
- We want more boys like your son! If your son has a buddy who might be a fit for ANA, please reach out to the Admission Office to learn more.
- ANA is offering a $500 Bookstore Gift Card for every referral (to qualify the family must be up to date on payments at time of registration. This offer applies to the 2017-2018 academic year.